Thursday, September 06, 2007

Seduced By Solitude

It's truly childhood love.
Started when I was very young. Too young to know where this would go.
It happened when I was playing with my dolls, when everyone else was always doing their own thing.
And my relationship with solitude grew; It became attached to me. I was too detached to care.
But, this relationship with solitude grew, and became something I cherished. I never felt lonely, just alone.
We flirted, we played, we talked for hours to each other....This was clearly not a childhood fling.
In fact, as I grew older and became more aware of my developing self and youth, I realized I yearned for him. I grew restless without him, I would find excuses to meet him.
And the meetings were beautiful...just us, not a word, not a question.
No one understands it. I'm misunderstood because of my strong association with him. I'm labelled all sorts of things; selfish,aloof, insensitive.
If only they knew I was having this affair to hide the actual truth.
And so even though I'm committed to someone else, our relationship continues.
And I'm not guilty, in fact; I'm proud.
He's impregnated me such that I feel parts of him breathing in every inch of my soul.
I love him for he was the only one there through it all....
We make a beautiful couple...my solitude and I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home